Friday, December 30, 2016

Memorial Prayer

Offered on behalf of our brother and friend and co-quarteter, Dennis Howard on the occasion of his joining that innumerable multitude in the sky to await our joining them so we can all serenade together:
O Lord my God! When I in awesome wonder consider all the works Thy hand hath made.
I see the stars, I hear the rolling* thunder, Thy power throughout the universe displayed.

And we anxiously await the day when all of us can join Dennis and David Rowley in the chorus:
Then sings my soul, my Saviour God to Thee. How great Thou art! How great Thou art!
Then sings my soul, my Saviour God, to Thee. How great Thou art! How great Thou art!

Then, we move up a step: How great Thou art! How great (higher still) Thou art! (Then vocal cord blowing up) How great (up) Thou art!

Glory. Amen.

Watch the video.
* Some versions use “mighty”
http://www.higherpraise.com/lyrics/love/love853329.htm

Do not listen to this while driving. You will not be able to keep both hands on the wheel. Every hand goes up. Mine is up now. Glory.

Video


No comments:

Post a Comment